SP5806 : Obelisk, garden of Shotover House

taken 11 years ago, near to Forest Hill, Oxfordshire, Great Britain

Obelisk, garden of Shotover House
Obelisk, garden of Shotover House
The obelisk was designed by William Kent in the 1730s when he laid out the gardens west of Shotover House. The Oxford Inscriptions website recorded the story that it marks the place where Elizabeth 1st took leave of Oxford in 1592 on her last visit.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Hawgood and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP5806, 18 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 22 June, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 24 June, 2006
Category
Monument > Obelisk   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 582 067 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:45.3584N 1:9.4935W
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SP5806) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 780 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register