SH9236 : Car park, Bala

taken 11 years ago, near to Y Bala, Gwynedd, Great Britain

Car park, Bala
Car park, Bala
Car park located at the east end of Bala on the B4391. The Car Park shown is sited on what used to be the Town Green, which was adjacent to the railway station. The Old School Restaurant is the imposing stone-built building at the centre of the photograph. The low building on the left used to be the lower forms and workshop of the school, but now houses the County Printing Press. The School, which was bequeathed to Bala and the surrounding district in 1712 by Edmund Meyricke, an Oxford Scholar, provided education for boys of the area until the Comprehensive School, Ysgol y Berwyn, was opened in 1964.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Oliver Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SH9236, 108 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 22 June, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 24 June, 2006
Category
Car park > Car park   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 928 361 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:54.6958N 3:35.7341W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 929 362
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Fourth Visitor for SH9236)
This page has been viewed about 610 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register