NT7146 : Greenlaw Church

taken 11 years ago, near to Greenlaw, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

Greenlaw Church
Greenlaw Church
Built in about 1675, the tall tower originally separated the church from the Tollbooth to the west. The door and windows are heavily reinforced as the tower was built as the town prison, and remains of the market cross are displayed against the west wall. There is no connecting passage between the church and tower, although a window on an upper storey of the tower allowed prisoners to watch church services. Greenlaw served as the County Town of Berwickshire in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Lisa Jarvis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT7146, 61 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 24 June, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 24 June, 2006
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 711 461 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:42.4484N 2:27.6879W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 711 461
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for NT7146) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 116 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register