NT0077 : Arms above the Fore Entrance, Linlithgow Palace

taken 7 years ago, near to Linlithgow, West Lothian, Great Britain

Arms above the Fore Entrance, Linlithgow Palace
Arms above the Fore Entrance, Linlithgow Palace
The Fore Entrance was built for James V around 1535. The Arms are of the 4 European Orders of Chivalry to which James belonged - From the left they are: Order of the Garter, Order of the Thistle (founded by James), order of the Golden Fleece and Order of StMichael.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Dr Richard Murray and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT0077, 365 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 13 June, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 15 June, 2010
Category
Coat of Arms   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 0020 7725 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:58.6694N 3:36.0526W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 0020 7724
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 431 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register