TQ9530 : Hornes Place and Chapel

taken 7 years ago, near to Appledore, Kent, Great Britain

Hornes Place and Chapel
Hornes Place and Chapel
As seen from Kenardington Road.
A 14th-century domestic chapel which was once attached to the manor house. During the Peasants Revolt in 1381 supporters of Wat Tyler in Appledore sacked Horne's Place. The house and chapel are privately owned but access to the chapel can be arranged through English Heritage
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Anstiss and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ9530, 30 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 13 June, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 15 June, 2010
Category
Historic building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 957 308 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:2.6242N 0:47.4641E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 957 309
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 34 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register