TF6119 : Herringbone brickwork and timber-framing

taken 7 years ago, near to West Lynn, Norfolk, Great Britain

Herringbone brickwork and timber-framing
Herringbone brickwork and timber-framing
View along St Margaret's Lane, leading to Boat Street and the River Great Ouse, the view was taken from the junction with Priory Lane in the Historic Quarter of Kings Lynn. Kings Lynn was originally known as Lin. After the founding of St Margaret's church and priory by Bishop Losinga in 1101 the town became known as Bishops Lin. With increasing trade building up along the waterways a second settlement was established to the north and Lynn now consisted of two medieval settlements, each with its own church and marketplace. When King Henry VIII in 1537 decided to take control from the Bishop of Norwich the town became known as Kings Lynn. By the middle ages the town's port was considered as important as the one at Liverpool.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Evelyn Simak and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF6119, 870 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 17 June, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 19 June, 2010
Category
Road > Road   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 617 197 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:45.0647N 0:23.6808E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 617 197
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 37 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register