TF6119 : Cottages in Priory Lane, Kings Lynn

taken 7 years ago, near to West Lynn, Norfolk, Great Britain

Cottages in Priory Lane, Kings Lynn
Cottages in Priory Lane, Kings Lynn
Priory Lane traverses the Historic Quarter, the cottage back onto the churchyard of St Margaret's. Kings Lynn was originally known as Lin. After the founding of St Margaret's church and priory by Bishop Losinga in 1101 the town became known as Bishops Lin. With increasing trade building up along the waterways a second settlement was established to the north and Lynn now consisted of two medieval settlements, each with its own church and marketplace. When King Henry VIII in 1537 decided to take control from the Bishop of Norwich the town became known as Kings Lynn. By the middle ages the town's port was considered as important as the one at Liverpool.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Evelyn Simak and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF6119, 870 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 17 June, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 19 June, 2010
Category
Cottages   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 617 197 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:45.0636N 0:23.7341E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 617 197
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 54 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register