TF6120 : St Nicholas' Chapel in Kings Lynn - south facade

taken 7 years ago, near to King's Lynn, Norfolk, Great Britain

St Nicholas' Chapel in Kings Lynn - south facade
St Nicholas' Chapel in Kings Lynn - south facade
St. Nicholas' Chapel > LinkExternal link - the country's largest chapel-of-ease - was built by William Turbus, the third Bishop of Norwich, in the 12th century, serving the newly established district of North Lynn. Its present spire was designed by George Gilbert Scott and completed in 1869/70. The original building was replaced by the chapel as we see it today in about 1380/1410 but only after 1627, when a font was installed, did it gain the right to carry out baptisms. For more information read: LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Evelyn Simak and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF6120, 902 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 17 June, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 19 June, 2010
Category
Chapel   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 618 204 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:45.4285N 0:23.8342E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 618 203
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 17 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register