NT3973 : Bankton House

taken 7 years ago, near to Prestonpans, East Lothian, Great Britain

Bankton House
Bankton House
The house of Colonel Gardiner who commanded one of two regiments of dragoons that took part in the Battle of Prestonpans in 1745. Fatally wounded within a few hundred yards of his own home, he was taken to the manse in Tranent where he died. Meantime, his house, which served as a hospital for the wounded of both sides immediately after the battle, was looted by clansmen. Allowed to go to ruin, it was restored in the 1970s and is now divided into four family dwellings.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright kim traynor and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT3973, 72 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 25 June, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 27 June, 2010
Category
House   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 394 736 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:57.1445N 2:58.2544W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 394 737
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 28 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register