NT2573 : Tattoo stand, Castle Esplanade

taken 7 years ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

Tattoo stand, Castle Esplanade
Tattoo stand, Castle Esplanade
The Esplanade, as seen today, was laid out as a spacious parade ground in the mid-18th century using excavated rubble from the building of the new Royal Exchange (now the City Chambers) in the High Street of the Old Town. Between 1816 and 1820 it was widened and enclosed by ornamental walls with turrets and became an area for statues and other monuments. Since 1949 it has been the setting of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo which forms part of the annual Edinburgh International Festival.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright kim traynor and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2573, 5165 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 2 July, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 4 July, 2010
Category
Stands   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 252 736 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:56.9867N 3:11.8942W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 252 735
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 17 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register