TA2470 : The Old Lighthouse, Flamborough Head

taken 7 years ago, near to Flamborough, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

The Old Lighthouse, Flamborough Head
The Old Lighthouse, Flamborough Head
This chalk tower was built in 1673 as a light tower, designed for a coal or brushwood fire to be lit on its top. It is the oldest surviving such tower in England, and was fully restored in 1996. Between 1770 and 1806 174 ships were lost at Flamborough Head leading to the new lighthouse being built in 1806 with an enclosed lamp which has been in use ever-since.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nicholas Mutton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA2470, 88 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 July, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 6 July, 2010
Category
Lighthouse (former)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 249 707 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:7.0656N 0:5.3598W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 249 707
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 488 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register