SJ9710 : Cannock Conduit

taken 11 years ago, near to Cannock, Staffordshire, Great Britain

Cannock Conduit
Cannock Conduit
The building of the Conduit Head or House started in 1736. By supplying the inhabitants of Cannock with free drinking water (it was reputed to be second only to Malvern Water in quality) it kept down illness and death. The area had one of the lowest mortality rates in England at the time. Later to become a registered Charity, The Conduit Trust has served the Township of Cannock for over 200 years.

One of the original pumps can be seen to the right of the Head.

Details taken from LinkExternal link (Archive LinkExternal link )
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Geoff Pick and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ9710, 26 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 1 July, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 2 July, 2006
Category
Historic building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 975 104 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:41.4767N 2:2.3055W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 975 104
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 119 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register