SP0480 : Rowheath Pavilion and fishing Lake

near to Bournville, Birmingham, Great Britain

Rowheath Pavilion and fishing Lake
Rowheath Pavilion and fishing Lake
Rowheath Pavilion was built at the behest of George Cadbury in 1924 as part of the facilities for his workers in Bournville. The facilities included sports fields, bowling greens, a lido and this fishing lake. After falling into disrepair following the sale of Cadbury's the Pavilion and many of the facilities were reopened in 1985 following a management buyout. After further financial difficulties the Pavilion is now thriving again under the auspices of the Pavilion Christian Community. See LinkExternal link
Ironically the result of all these upheavals is that this is one of the few places in the former Bournville Estate which serve alcoholic drinks - something of which George Cadbury would not have approved!
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Stowell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP0480, 18 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for SP0480)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Sunday, 2 July, 2006   (more nearby)
Sunday, 2 July, 2006
Park > Park   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 041 802 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:25.1867N 1:56.4684W
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 1187 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved