SJ4310 : Cruckton Chapel of St. Thomas

taken 11 years ago, near to Cruckton, Shropshire, Great Britain

Cruckton Chapel of St. Thomas
Cruckton Chapel of St. Thomas
Now a private house it was built in 1840 as a result of a proposal by Charles Drury. Land was given by Thomas Harris, much of the building stone was given free of royalties from the Rowton quarry and in all cost 949, which was wholly met by subscription. In 1985 the chapel was declared redundant and closed.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright John Barrett and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ4310, 13 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 1 July, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 3 July, 2006
Category
Chapel (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 432 101 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:41.1359N 2:50.5017W
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 140 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register