NT5415 : The ruined remains of Cavers House

taken 7 years ago, near to Cavers, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

The ruined remains of Cavers House
The ruined remains of Cavers House
This tower house dating from around 1500 was converted to a classical mansion house in 1750 and extended in 1885-87 in the Scottish Baronial style. It was partly demolished and de-roofed in the early 1950s. (Source: Borders and Berwick, an Architectural Guide by Charles Alexander Strang).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Walter Baxter and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT5415, 12 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 7 July, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 July, 2010
Category
Ruins > Ruins   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 5406 1545 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:25.8466N 2:43.6501W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 5406 1547
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 118 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register