TR1232 : Dymchurch Redoubt

taken 7 years ago, near to West Hythe, Kent, Great Britain

Dymchurch Redoubt
Dymchurch Redoubt
There were two redoubts constructed on the south coast at Dymchurch and Eastbourne. They acted as supply depots for the 74 neighbouring Martello Towers. They were originally described as 'eleven-gun towers'.

Dymchurch Redoubt was built between 1806-1809. During the Second World War additional fortifications were add, with bunkers, pillboxes and gun platforms added to the top.

See other images of Dymchurch Redoubt
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Oast House Archive and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TR1232, 62 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 11 July, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 12 July, 2010
Geographical Context
Defence, Military 
Primary Subject of Photo
Military Infrastructure 
Category
Redoubt   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TR 129 320 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:2.9154N 1:2.1821E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TR 129 320
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Redoubt 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 93 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register