SE8461 : The Old School House, Thixendale

taken 7 years ago, near to Thixendale, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

The Old School House, Thixendale
The Old School House, Thixendale
The village school and schoolhouse were built by the Sykes family, when Thixendale was part of the Sledmere estate. In 1849, Lady Sykes had supported the building of a small schoolhouse. This was replaced by the larger Public Elementary School and schoolhouse which opened in 1876 and could hold 70 children.

The school closed in the 1950s and until 1999 was used as a Youth Hostel in the summer months. The building then reverted to use as a village hall. (Information from village website: LinkExternal link )
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Harrop and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE8461, 91 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 11 July, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 12 July, 2010
Category
School (former)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 841 610 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:2.3404N 0:42.9526W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 841 611
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 67 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register