ST3188 : Former TJs club, Newport

taken 7 years ago, near to Newport/Casnewydd, Great Britain

Former TJs club, Newport
Former TJs club, Newport
Located on Clarence Place, this is the former TJs, which closed in April 2010 following the death of its founder, John Sicolo, the previous month. Mr Sicolo had been battling to save the club he managed for almost 40 years, after its finances were hit by the recession and the smoking ban.

In its heyday, the club attracted many top bands including Oasis and the Manic Street Preachers. In 1997 it was reputed to be one of the top 50 big nights out in the world.

Before settling on the name TJs, Mr Sicolo had chosen the name El Siecoís Wine Bar. Before that, it was Cedarís Rest restaurant.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jaggery and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST3188, 1799 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 11 July, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 13 July, 2010
Category
Building (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 314 884 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:35.4154N 2:59.4976W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 313 884
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 41 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register