NO3714 : Old Gaol, Cupar

taken 12 years ago, near to Cupar, Fife, Great Britain

Old Gaol, Cupar
Old Gaol, Cupar
Built in 1813/14 and in use as the town jail until a new jail, seeNO3714 : The old Cupar jail house was opened in 1844. It was then used up until 1895 by the local militia when it was sold to local seed merchant William Watt. It was used by them right up until 1988.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jim Bain and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NO3714, 154 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 9 July, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 10 July, 2006
Category
Historic building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 377 145 [100m precision]
WGS84: 56:19.1269N 3:0.5282W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 376 144
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 532 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register