J2866 : The Ballyskeagh High Bridge, Drumbeg/Lambeg (11)
near to Drumbeg, Dunmurry and Finaghy, Ireland
The Ballyskeagh High Bridge, Drumbeg/Lambeg
A two-arch bridge, built about 1760 of local sandstone, carrying the Ballyskeagh Road (from Drumbeg to Lambeg) across the towpath and disused Lagan canal. The road is much higher than the canal – an interesting challenge for a civil engineer 250 years ago. The bridge is narrow and now has a separate footbridge on the northern side. There is no direct access from the bridge to the towpath. Pedestrians and cyclists use the entrance to McIlroy Park on the Belfast side of the bridge.
- Grid Square
- J2866, 68 images (more nearby)
- Albert Bridge (find more nearby)
- Image classification?
- Supplemental image
- Date Taken
- Saturday, 21 August, 2010 (more nearby)
- Sunday, 22 August, 2010
- Footbridge (more nearby)
- Subject Location
Irish: J 288 669 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:32.0653N 6:0.6029W
- Photographer Location
- Irish: J 288 669
- View Direction
- East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
This page has been viewed about 43 times.