TA2438 : St. Bartholomew's Church, Aldbrough

taken 11 years ago, near to Aldbrough, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

St. Bartholomew's Church, Aldbrough
St. Bartholomew's Church, Aldbrough
The Church of St. Bartholomew at Aldbrough contains the tomb of Sir John de Melsa, said to be a 6' 6" 'warrior of note' and governor of York from 1292-1296.

The stonework sags quite badly at the south east corner of the tower and this has been 'straightened up' at some point with the addition of a few rows of small and rather ancient looking red bricks at the top. This together with the disproportionate clock gives the church a rather unusual appearance.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA2438, 103 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 22 July, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 23 July, 2006
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 244 387 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:49.7808N 0:6.6804W
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for TA2438)
This page has been viewed about 255 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register