TA2234 : St. Peter's Church, Humbleton

near to Humbleton, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

St. Peter's Church, Humbleton
St. Peter's Church, Humbleton
The first certain reference to a church at Humbleton is found in William de Scures's gift of Humbleton village and its church to Thornton Abbey (Lincolnshire), which was made probably in the 1150s or 1160s and certainly before 1190. The present dedication to St. Peter was used in 1486 and again in 1536 but an alternative, St. Peter and St. Paul, was recorded in the mid 16th century [information provided by Victoria County History].
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA2234, 15 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Second Visitor for TA2234)
Date Taken
Saturday, 22 July, 2006   (more nearby)
Sunday, 23 July, 2006
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 226 348 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:47.7044N 0:8.4136W
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 79 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
donate to geograph