NT5187 : North Dog and Fidra

3 km from Dirleton, East Lothian, Great Britain

North Dog and Fidra
North Dog and Fidra
Fidra lighthouse is at the north end of Fidra Island in the Firth of Forth. The lighthouse was first lit in 1885, compulsory powers having been taken to acquire land for its construction. In 1970 it became the first Northern Lighthouse Board light to be converted to unattended automatic installation (monitored from St Abbs Head), being electrified with power supplied from the mainland through a submarine cable and equipped with a sealed beam light. The rocks to the right are known as North Dog.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Lisa Jarvis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2006
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT5187, 4 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for NT5187)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Sunday, 23 July, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 23 July, 2006
Category
Islands   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 511 872 [100m precision]
WGS84: 56:4.5064N 2:47.2291W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 513 873
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


This page has been viewed about 613 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register