NT7146 : Greenlaw Town Hall

near to Greenlaw, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

Greenlaw Town Hall
Greenlaw Town Hall
Greenlaw County Hall was built in 1829-31 to house the offices associated with the local government of Berwickshire, Greenlaw being, at that time, the county town of Berwickshire. The dome was designed as the fire-proof room for the safe storage of documents. The building became largely redundant when the management of Berwickshire was transferred to Duns in 1903. It was converted into a Community Centre in 1960, a swimming pool in 1973 and abandoned in the 1980s. It is now on the Scottish Buildings at Risk Register.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Lisa Jarvis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT7146, 48 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Date Taken
Saturday, 24 June, 2006   (more nearby)
Friday, 28 July, 2006
Town Hall   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 711 460 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:42.3945N 2:27.6873W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 710 459
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 287 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved