TL1217 : East Hyde: The former Holy Trinity Church

near to East Hyde, Bedfordshire, Great Britain

East Hyde: The former Holy Trinity Church
East Hyde: The former Holy Trinity Church
The church was designed by Benjamin Ferrey in a Neo-Norman style and built between 1840 and 1841. It has two large Norman piers flanking the entrance, with open staircases with Norman colonettes turning left and right, culminating on the left in the single asymmetrically placed turret. It is a Grade II Listed Building. It was declared closed for public worship by the Diocese of St Albans in 2008, but is currently in use as a Greek Orthodox Church dedicated to St Charalambos.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nigel Cox and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2010
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TL1217, 33 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Saturday, 27 November, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 27 November, 2010
Category
Church (Greek Orthodox)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 128 173 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:50.6020N 0:21.8403W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 127 173
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 146 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
please support us