TQ4378 : Remains of St George's Chapel

near to Woolwich, Greenwich, Great Britain

Remains of St George's Chapel
Remains of St George's Chapel
The sanctuary is all that remains of the former military chapel or "Garrison Church" opposite the former Royal Artillery headquarters. The chapel was built in 1873 (or 1863 - sources vary) and bombed in WW2. The remains are Grade 2 listed and it is on English Heritage's "buildings at risk register".
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Craven and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2005
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ4378, 215 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Fourth Visitor for TQ4378)
Date Taken
2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 15 August, 2006
Geographical Context
Religious sites  Defence, Military 
Ruin (from Tags)
Chapel 
Place (from Tags)
Woolwich 
Category
Chapel (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 4335 7828 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:29.1186N 0:3.7900E
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Forward to a
friend by email


Other Tags
Grade II Listed  Royal Artillery 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 450 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register