SD8691 : Hardraw church

near to Hardraw, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

Hardraw church
Hardraw church
Unlike many village churches this one (properly known as St Mary & St John, Hawes) is not an ancient building. It was built in 1879-81 by R H Carpenter for the Earl of Wharncliffe, according to its list description (it is grade 2 listed).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Craven and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1987
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD8691, 102 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Sunday, 19 April, 1987   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 5 February, 2011
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Date (from Tags)
1881 
Architect (from Tags)
R H Carpenter 
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 867 912 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:19.0105N 2:12.3295W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 867 912
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Forward to a
friend by email


Other Tags
Anglican Church  Grade II Listed 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 36 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
donations accepted