SS9581 : Salem Chapel, Pencoed

near to Pencoed, Bridgend/Pen-y-Bont ar Ogwr, Great Britain

Salem Chapel, Pencoed
Salem Chapel, Pencoed
Grade II listed Welsh Calvinist Methodist chapel, Coychurch Road. It was opened in 1888 on the site of two previous chapels. The original chapel was set up in 1775, the first Methodist chapel in Glamorgan. In 1830 a larger chapel was built on the same site, with a seating capacity said to be 500.
On the left is the chapel vestry. LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jaggery and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2011
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SS9581, 25 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Saturday, 12 February, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 13 February, 2011
Category
Listed Building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SS 958 812 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:31.2045N 3:30.1928W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SS 958 812
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 128 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register