SJ7129 : Church of St Swithun, Cheswardine

taken 14 years ago, near to Cheswardine, Shropshire, Great Britain

Church of St Swithun, Cheswardine
Church of St Swithun, Cheswardine
This is the Church of England Church in Cheswardine village. It is made of red sandstone, which is locally quarried. This is the third church built on the site, and was last rebuilt in 1886 to 1889 through the benevolence of Charles Donaldson-Hudson, the patron of the church and resident of Cheswardine Hall. The tower was not rebuilt, but St Katherine's chapel was moved further north and east.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Tony Grant and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ7129, 29 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 2 August, 2003   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 2 July, 2005
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 719 298 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:51.8965N 2:25.1306W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SJ7129) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 1058 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register