SJ7230 : Cheswardine Hall

near to Chipnall, Shropshire, Great Britain

Cheswardine Hall
Cheswardine Hall
Charles Donaldson-Hudson originally had the house built in 1875 according to a design by John MacVicar Anderson. This replaced an earlier partially built house, known as The Hill, Chipnall, that had been purchased by Thomas Hudson, (the great uncle of Charles Donaldson-Hudson) with the Cheswardine Estate circa 1833 In 1950 it was bought by the de La Mennais Brothers, a teaching order from Brittany, who used it as their Juniorate for teaching boys who wanted to become members of their order.
In the late 1960's it was used as an approved school by Mr & Mrs Brunt.
It is now an residential and nursing home owned by the Poole family.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Tony Grant and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ7230, 5 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Saturday, 2 July, 2005
House   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 725 309 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:52.4917N 2:24.6015W
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 1203 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved