SJ1943 : Llantysilio Hall

near to Berwyn, Denbighshire/Sir Ddinbych, Great Britain

Llantysilio Hall
Llantysilio Hall
Llantysilio Hall is a large, rather gaunt stone house situated on the east side of the Dee valley about four kilometres west of Llangollen. To the south and west the ground drops quite steeply to the flood plain and river. The situation is a beautiful one, with fine views across the valley. The first house on the site dated to 1723,built for the Jones family, whose tomb lies in the nearby churchyard. The house was of brick, and was situated at the foot of the slope to the south of the house. In the mid 1860s the German engineer C.F. Beyer, a partner in the locomotive-building firm Beyer, Peacock & Co, bought the house, demolished it, and in 1872-74 had a new one built in neo-Elizabethan style. (Coflein)
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Eirian Evans and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2011
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ1943, 160 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Sunday, 10 April, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 19 April, 2011
Category
Country estate   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 191 436 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:59.0655N 3:12.3531W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 193 437
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 261 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register