R8739 : Freight train at Kyle level crossing
near to Limerick Junction and Monard, Tipperary, Ireland
The ammonia trains of CIE and Irish Rail
Irish Fertiliser Industries Limited (a state-owned company incorporated in the Republic of Ireland) operated two factories. One at Belfast harbour and one at Shelton Abbey near Arklow. Both used ammonia produced at Marino Point near Cork. The liquid gas was conveyed to Belfast by ship. Shelton was served by rail. Both factories closed, amid much controversy and media comment, in 2002.
- Grid Square
- R8739 (more nearby )
- The Carlisle Kid (find more nearby)
- Image classification?
- Geograph (First for R8739)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
- Date Taken
- Saturday, 29 October, 1988 (more nearby)
- Wednesday, 20 April, 2011
- Railway freight train (more nearby)
- Subject Location
Irish: R 8710 3973 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:30.5536N 8:11.4432W
- Photographer Location
- Irish: R 8710 3973
- View Direction
- North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
This page has been viewed about 342 times.