SK8174 : Village street, Dunham on Trent

near to Dunham on Trent, Nottinghamshire, Great Britain

Village street, Dunham on Trent
Village street, Dunham on Trent
The historic village of Dunham-on-Trent is named after the Saxon chief Duna, and Ham meaning village.

This street known as The Green has a K6 telephone box and the village noticeboard.

In 1935, the Post Office commissioned a new kiosk from Sir Giles Gilbert Scott to celebrate the Jubilee of King George V. The K6 Jubilee Kiosk, as it is known, was similar to the K2 box, being made of cast iron and painted red but was 25% lighter in weight. By the end of the 1930s there were 20,000 K6 telephone boxes in use all over the UK.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Miss Steel and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2011
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK8174, 140 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Saturday, 2 April, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 1 May, 2011
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Roads, Road transport 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 813 744 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:15.6546N 0:46.8884W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 813 744
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Forward to a
friend by email


Other Tags
Telephone Box  Notice Board  Lamp Post  Hedge  Pavement 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 58 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register