TQ7385 : A Sad End

taken 6 years ago, near to Pitsea, Essex, Great Britain

A Sad End
A Sad End
Resting and rotting in Vange Creek and gradually becoming more like a mudbank than a vessel. This is Trinity House Light Vessel LV 44, Newarp. She was built in 1869 by C. Hill and Sons of Bristol. Initially stationed outside Caernarvon Bay, she spent the majority of her service life at Newarp Station in the North Sea. Decommissioned in 1945, she was sold to Erith Yacht Club where she served as a clubhouse. She was subsequently bought by Pitsea Yacht Club. She was grounded here on an exceptional high tide circa 1990.

Apologies for the rain-spots on the lens... it was tipping down by this stage of our stroll round the marshes.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Martin Addison and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ7385, 25 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 12 June, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 2 July, 2011
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Rivers, Streams, Drainage  Docks, Harbours  Estuary, Marine 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 7387 8583 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:32.6748N 0:30.3619E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 7383 8587
View Direction
Southeast (about 135 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Lightship  Light Vessel  Creek  Mudflats 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 268 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register