ST1177 : Hayshed, St Fagans Museum of Welsh Life

taken 9 years ago, near to St Fagans, Cardiff/Caerdydd, Great Britain

Hayshed, St Fagans Museum of Welsh Life
Hayshed, St Fagans Museum of Welsh Life
This hayshed dates from around 1870 and was re-erected here at St Fagans in 1977. It is built of slate and stone, with timber roof members.
It comes from Maentwrog in Gwynedd, was built by the Oakley family of Plas Tan-y-bwlch, who owned the Oakley Quarries in Blaenau Ffestiniog, and all of the slate and stone came from those quarries. The slate pillars have a third of their length in the ground !
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Adrian Platt and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST1177, 263 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 24 January, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 2 August, 2011
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Sport, Leisure  Farm, Fishery, Market Gardening  Park and Public Gardens  Educational sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 11533 77382 [1m precision]
WGS84: 51:29.3065N 3:16.5337W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 11516 77368
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 70 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register