TQ4666 : The Priory and Priory Gardens, Orpington

near to St Mary Cray, Bromley, Great Britain

The Priory and Priory Gardens, Orpington
The Priory and Priory Gardens, Orpington
Priory Gardens is named after The Priory, a fine example of a medieval hall house next to the gardens. This view looks across the gardens to The Priory. The house was rebuilt in stone in 1290 and added to in 1393 and 1471. In the 17th century a timber-framed extension was added, which no longer exists. The house was acquired by Orpington Urban District Council in 1947, and now houses a museum and until recently a public library. The library has now moved and the museum is expanding into the vacated space. The garden forms an attractive public park, and contains the natural pond which is the source of the River Cray.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Marathon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2011
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ4666, 496 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Friday, 5 August, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 6 August, 2011
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Public buildings and spaces  Park and Public Gardens 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 4659 6658 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:22.7610N 0:6.2975E
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 4661 6662
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 15 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
please support us