SD3177 : Ulverston Canal

taken 7 years ago, near to Canal Foot, Cumbria, Great Britain

This is 1 of 3 images, with title Ulverston Canal in this square
Ulverston Canal
Ulverston Canal
Ulverston Canal was opened in 1796 and provided the town with access to the sea, and the then growing trading entrepots of Glasgow, Liverpool and Cardiff. Although no longer in use today, the canal is owned and maintained by the nearby GlaxoSmithKline factory.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Euan Nelson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD3177, 28 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 16 August, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 21 August, 2011
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Derelict, Disused  Canals 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 3130 7768 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:11.4159N 3:3.2613W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 3126 7773
View Direction
Southeast (about 135 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 28 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register