SP2642 : Parker monument in All Saints' Church, Honington

taken 7 years ago, near to Honington, Warwickshire, Great Britain

Parker monument in All Saints' Church, Honington
Parker monument in All Saints' Church, Honington
Sir Henry Parker, a London merchant, settled at Honington in 1668 and rebuilt both the hall and the parish church, which stands in its grounds. Sadly his son Hugh died young in 1712 and Sir Henry himself died the following year. This double monument commemorates them with a fulsome Latin subscription which is translated in the small notice at the left. The baluster font in front is Italian.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Tiger and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP2642, 80 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 20 August, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 21 August, 2011
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 261 426 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:4.9011N 1:37.2064W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 261 426
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Monument  Memorials  Font 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 121 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register