ST1974 : Helwick lightship, Cardiff Bay

taken 11 years ago, 3 km from Cardiff/Caerdydd, Great Britain

Helwick lightship, Cardiff Bay.
Helwick lightship, Cardiff Bay.
The Helwick Lightship, LV14, was commissioned by Trinity House in 1953; it ended its' service at Helwick, off Swansea. It was placed here in the Roath Basin in 1993 and is used as a Christian centre - LinkExternal link See ST1974 : The Helwick lightship, Cardiff Bay..
On the left is the "leg" of the Atradius building ST1974 : The Artradius Building, Cardiff Bay., and in the distance are some of the cranes still around the Queen Alexandra Dock, the last active remnant of Cardiff's vast docks.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Adrian Platt and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST1974, 1030 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 9 December, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 26 August, 2011
Geographical Context
Coastal  Public buildings and spaces  Religious sites  Business, Retail, Services  City, Town centre  Docks, Harbours 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 19462 74345 [1m precision]
WGS84: 51:27.7396N 3:9.6417W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 19386 74379
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 57 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register