SE3033 : The Former Leeds Charity School

taken 7 years ago, near to Leeds, Great Britain

The Former Leeds Charity School
The Former Leeds Charity School
A blue plaque erected outside this building by the Leeds Civic Trust reads; LEEDS CHARITY SCHOOL. The Chapel of Harrison's Almshouses which formerly occupied this site, was converted for use by the Charity School in 1726. When the present building was erected in 1815, the institution clothed 80 poor girls in blue and trained them for domestic service. Founded 1705
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Bill Henderson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE3033, 2573 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 25 August, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 27 August, 2011
Category
Historic building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 3023 3383 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:47.9940N 1:32.5508W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 3019 3382
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 10 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register