TQ4412 : St Mary's churchyard

taken 7 years ago, near to Ringmer, East Sussex, Great Britain

St Mary's churchyard
St Mary's churchyard
There has probably been a church in Ringmer on the present site for at least 1000 years. The earliest part of the fabric to which an estimated date can be given is the nave arcade. The arches are Early English in style and are therefore probably 13th century; the first name on the incomplete list of Vicars is Richard with a date of 1233.

The two chapels (the Lady Chapel to the N of the Sanctuary and the Springett Chapel to the S) were built to be chantry chapels shortly before the reformation at the start of the 16th century.

LinkExternal link

See other images of Church of St Mary the Virgin, Ringmer
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Gillett and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ4412, 140 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 10 September, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 11 September, 2011
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 44628 12484 [1m precision]
WGS84: 50:53.6242N 0:3.3051E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 44592 12462
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Churchyard  Trees 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 8 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register