TQ2974 : Former orangery, Worsopp Drive

near to Clapham, Lambeth, Great Britain

Former orangery, Worsopp Drive
Former orangery, Worsopp Drive
With an elegant Ionic portico and pediment adorned with cartouche and festoons. Built in 1793 to the designs of Dr William Burgh of York. It was originally attached to Thornton House, demolished in the 1940s, and now stands desultorily in the middle of a post-war housing estate. It is on English Heritage's Heritage at Risk Register. Grade II listed.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Richards and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2011
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ2974, 120 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Sunday, 6 March, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 22 September, 2011
Geographical Context
Sport, Leisure  Country estates  Derelict, Disused 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 2943 7496 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:27.5297N 0:8.3044W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 2943 7493
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Forward to a
friend by email


Other Tags
Listed Building  Georgian Architecture 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 63 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
donations welcome!