TQ4275 : St Barnabas church, Eltham

near to Eltham, Greenwich, Great Britain

St Barnabas church, Eltham
St Barnabas church, Eltham
This building has an interesting history. It was designed by the famous architect Sir George Gilbert Scott and originally erected in 1859 within the Woolwich Dockyard - approximately at TQ425791. It closed as a military chapel in 1923 and was re-erected in 1933 on its present site as an Anglican parish church. It suffered severe damage in World War 2 and was restored after the War.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Craven and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2011
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ4275, 81 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Saturday, 15 October, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 16 October, 2011
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Architect (from Tags)
George Gilbert Scott 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 4234 7547 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:27.6189N 0:2.8500E
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 4234 7545
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Anglican Church 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 60 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register