T3195 : Ammonia train, Wicklow Jct
near to Cill Mhantain and Rath Naoi, Wicklow, Ireland
The ammonia trains of CIE and Irish Rail
Irish Fertiliser Industries Limited (a state-owned company incorporated in the Republic of Ireland) operated two factories. One at Belfast harbour and one at Shelton Abbey near Arklow. Both used ammonia produced at Marino Point near Cork. The liquid gas was conveyed to Belfast by ship. Shelton was served by rail. Both factories closed, amid much controversy and media comment, in 2002.
- Grid Square
- T3195, 18 images (more nearby )
- Albert Bridge (find more nearby)
- Image classification?
- Geograph (Third Visitor for T3195)
- Date Taken
- Saturday, 8 May, 1993 (more nearby)
- Thursday, 3 November, 2011
- Geographical Context
- Subject Location
Irish: T 311 950 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:59.4432N 6:2.8862W
- Photographer Location
- Irish: T 311 950
- View Direction
- Northeast (about 45 degrees)
This page has been viewed about 506 times.