ST3382 : The East Usk Lighthouse

taken 6 years ago, near to Nash, Newport/Casnewydd, Great Britain

The East Usk Lighthouse
The East Usk Lighthouse
Built in 1893 the light indicates the eastern approach to the River Usk. It flashes twice, every 10 seconds, showing white, red, or green depending on the direction of approach. It is a round cast iron tower with lantern and gallery and painted white. It is operated by the Newport Harbour Commissioners. In the far distance, left of centre, the west lighthouse, now in private hands and operated as a guest house, can be seen as a white structure.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mick Lobb and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST3382, 48 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 13 January, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 14 January, 2012
Geographical Context
Coastal  Historic sites and artefacts  Estuary, Marine 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 330 827 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:32.3853N 2:57.9782W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 331 827
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Lighthouse 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 39 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register