SP8128 : Lychgate at St Mary the Virgin

taken 6 years ago, near to Mursley, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain

Lychgate at St Mary the Virgin
Lychgate at St Mary the Virgin
The oldest surviving building in Mursley is the parish church. Dedicated to St Mary the Virgin, the church was originally granted by Richard Fitzniel to the Prioress of Nuneaton before the year 1166. The chancel, the arcades of the nave and the two side aisles were built in the C14th in the decorated style. The west tower was added in the C15th.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Malcolm Campbell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP8128, 24 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 15 January, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 15 January, 2012
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 817 285 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:56.9777N 0:48.7254W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 817 285
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 35 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register