NT2276 : National Museums Collection Centre, Granton

taken 15 years ago, near to Granton, Edinburgh, Great Britain

National Museums Collection Centre, Granton
National Museums Collection Centre, Granton
The National Museums of Scotland have a huge collection centre that includes several full size steam engines that are roughly assembled and allow the researcher to gain a feel for the scope of machinery collected over many years. This particular engine is a horizontal tandem compound of c400 horsepower and built in 1923 by James Carmichael & Co Ltd of Dundee for Wemyss Sawmills, Leven. It was removed in 1981.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Chris Allen and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2276, 54 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 14 April, 2003   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 15 January, 2012
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts 
Place (from Tags)
Scotland 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 2291 7691 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:58.7375N 3:14.2176W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 2291 7691
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Museums of Scotland  Granton  Steam Engine 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 94 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register