TQ3389 : The Old Well, High Road, Tottenham

near to Tottenham, Haringey, Great Britain

The Old Well, High Road, Tottenham
The Old Well, High Road, Tottenham
The Old Well is situated on the junction of Philip Street with High Road Tottenham. It was dug in 1791 and paid for by Thomas Smith, of Bruce Castle who was Lord of the Manor of Tottenham. The tiled roof was added in 1859; it supplied water to the surrounding district but was closed in 1883 when the water became polluted.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Philip Halling and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2012
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3389, 88 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Saturday, 7 January, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 16 January, 2012
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts 
Former (from Tags)
Well 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 3373 8949 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:35.3041N 0:4.2625W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 3373 8947
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 61 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
donate to geograph