TQ3275 : St. Philip and St. James Roman Catholic Church, Poplar Walk

near to Brixton, Lambeth, Great Britain

St. Philip and St. James Roman Catholic Church, Poplar Walk
St. Philip and St. James Roman Catholic Church, Poplar Walk
The church stands on the junction with Lowden Road. The building was erected in 1905 and is a simple stock brick building with open pedimented east and west gables and a slate roof. A five-bay round-arched arcade built on the north side was intended to lead to an aisle but this extension has never been made. The architect was probably F. W. Tasker.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Dorrell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2011
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3275, 76 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Sunday, 25 December, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 17 January, 2012
Geographical Context
Religious sites  City, Town centre 
Place (from Tags)
Herne Hill 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 3219 7528 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:27.6640N 0:5.9150W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 3218 7525
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Forward to a
friend by email


Other Tags
Church  Church (Roman Catholic) 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 138 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register