SU5440 : Cross near East Stratton

taken 7 years ago, near to East Stratton, Hampshire, Great Britain

Cross near East Stratton
Cross near East Stratton
This marks the site of East Stratton's old church which was demolished in favour of a new one. By T.G. Jackson, 1890. Grade II listed.
Surrounding it is parkland, now largely farmed, much of which was enclosed by Lord Russell who, in an act of characteristic aristocratic hubris, swept away most of the old village in the 1660s.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Richards and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU5440, 103 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 27 June, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 21 January, 2012
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Farm, Fishery, Market Gardening  Country estates 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 5410 4039 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:9.6127N 1:13.6645W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 5414 4035
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Victorian Architecture  Listed Building  Parkland 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 31 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register